So I’ve been trying different kind of library that are based on d3.js. Most of them are awesome and … I know I’m going to forget some of them. So I decided to build a list and try to arrange them by categories.
- DimpleJS – Easy API, lots of different type of graphs, easy to use
- C3.js – Closer to the data than dimple but also a bit more powerful
- NVD3.js – Similar to Dimple, require a CSS for proper usage
- Epoch – Seems to be more focused on real-time graphs
- Dygraphs – Focus on huge dataset
- Rickshaw – Lots of easy chart to choose from. Used by Shutterstock
Since I haven’t had the chance to try them out, I won’t be able to provide more detailed comments about them. If you want me to update my post, hit me up on Twitter @MaximRouiller.
- Raw – Focus on bringing data from spreadsheets online by simply copy/pasting it.
- Tributary – Not simply focused on graphics, allows you to edit numbers, colors and such with a user friendly interface.
- DataMaps – Not a library per say but a set of examples that you can copy/paste and edit to match what you want.