TLDR; This is a status update on the .NET documentation. If you want me to do more of those (once a month), please let me know in the comments!
Comment: If you have suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Any product feedback will be forwarded to the proper product team.
Question: Should I add Entity Framework in this update as well? Let me know in the comments.
So the .NET Core 3.0 has released, things have settled down a bit and we’re ready to start the fifth month of this .NET-related documentation update. This update covers everything that happened since October 1st through November 5th.
My name is Maxime Rouiller and I’m a Cloud Advocate with Microsoft. For this month, I’m covering three major products:
- .NET, which had ~575 commits, and 4,599 changed files on their docs repository and ~124 PRs on their API docs repository
- ASP.NET, which had ~288 commits, and 1,317 changed files on their docs repository
- NuGet, which had ~32 commits, and 26 changed files on their docs repository
As with last month, here’s the legend that I will use to mark certain article with certain level of important. Much more useful than writing a blurb beside each one. I know, we’re not Twitter. Dare I say I’m using emojis for good? \
- 📢: Major/Main article that everyone will want to read
- 💥: Important/Must read.
- ✨: Brand new page
Note: It’s not because a page doesn’t have an icon that it is not important. Everything here is either brand new or significantly modified.
- CLI updates to .NET Core
- C# 8.0 updates
- C# 8.0 spec updates
- ✨ Reference assemblies
- ✨💥 I/O pipelines
- .NET Documentation homepage
- New tab that lists all the Architecture e-books
- ✨ Breaking changes, version 3.0 Preview 9 to 3.0 RC1
- ✨ ASP.NET Core breaking changes
- ✨ Networking breaking changes
- Breaking changes, version 2.2 to 3.0
- ✨Tutorial: Mix in functionality when creating classes using interfaces with default interface methods
- Write safe and efficient C# code
- ✨ Nullable value types - C# reference
- ✨ Built-in numeric conversions - C# reference
- ✨ ! (null-forgiving) operator - C# reference
- readonly keyword - C# Reference
- ✨ Cannot convert anonymous type to an expression tree because a property of the type is used to initialize another property
- ✨ NameOf operator - Visual Basic
- ‘AddressOf’ operand must be the name of a method (without parentheses)
- Updated API browser for .NET Core 3.0, .NET Standard 2.1, and ASP.NET Core 3.0 RTM version.
- Microsoft.Extensions APIs were moved from ASP.NET Core to .NET Platform Extensions.
- ✨ Load training data for Model Builder
- ✨ ML.NET resources
- ✨ ‘Tutorial: Classify health violations with Model Builder’
- ✨ ‘Tutorial: Automated visual inspection using transfer learning’
- ✨ ‘Tutorial: Forecast bike rental demand - time series’
- ✨ What is Apache Spark?
- What is .NET for Apache Spark?
- Deploy a .NET for Apache Spark application to Databricks
- Get started with .NET for Apache Spark
- Deploy a .NET for Apache Spark application to Azure HDInsight
- ✨ Manage Protobuf references with dotnet-grpc
- Authentication and authorization in gRPC for ASP.NET Core
- Create and use ASP.NET Core Razor components
- Get started with ASP.NET Core Blazor
- ASP.NET Core Blazor hosting models
- Use hosting startup assemblies in ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Core Web Host
- Make HTTP requests using IHttpClientFactory in ASP.NET Core
- Globalization and localization in ASP.NET Core
- Routing in ASP.NET Core
- Kestrel web server implementation in ASP.NET Core
- Host and deploy ASP.NET Core Blazor WebAssembly
- Docker images for ASP.NET Core
- Visual Studio publish profiles for ASP.NET Core app deployment
- Upload files in ASP.NET Core
- Integration tests in ASP.NET Core
- Tutorial: Create a web API with ASP.NET Core
- Test web APIs with the HTTP REPL
- JsonPatch in ASP.NET Core web API
- Introduction to Identity on ASP.NET Core
- Scaffold Identity in ASP.NET Core projects
- Persist additional claims and tokens from external providers in ASP.NET Core
- Facebook, Google, and external provider authentication without ASP.NET Core Identity
- Claims-based authorization in ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Core SignalR configuration
- Use MessagePack Hub Protocol in SignalR for ASP.NET Core
- Get started with ASP.NET Core SignalR